Saturday, April 13, 2013

I can, I will, I DO!

This last month has been particularly hard on me. I've been living in a hotel in a small rural North Dakota town where the main attraction is the obelisk erected at the geological center of North America. While the people here are very nice, it's not home, nor is it my future home of Nashville. To compound the feelings of desolation, this year's winter seems eternal. I started feeling sorry for myself.

So when I least expected it, a friend sent me a facebook message. He was telling me how great his run was yesterday and how he had an average 7:30 minute/mile. I told Brock about my woes and he bluntly said, "It's more of a question of whether or not you think it's worth it." You see, Brock has lost a lot of weight since he started running June 11, 2012. He did it, without quitting – he lost 110 pounds!

So this morning I donned my Under Armour cold gear and laced up my Nike Free 5.0 running shoes and took off. Running is extremely therapeutic for me. It's my time to talk to God. I tell him what I am frustrated with, what I'm happy for, and thank him for the people in my life. Today was no different with the exception of the revelation.

Satan has been using my environment to keep me down. He's good at telling me I am worthless and I can't and shouldn't run. He's good at making me believe that I'm not really making a difference. So during my run today I decided I'm not worthless, I am loved! I will continue to try bring joy into the lives of others. If I reach just one person, I am not a failure. Michael is my inspiration, Brock is my inspiration, Jesus is my inspiration.

                           Zoe Redington holding her handmade sign for Natalie

We now have 562 members,75 matches in six different countries (Canada, Australia, Mexico, Grenada, Italy, and the United States) and this very blog being read in 10 countries! So go to Hell, Satan – I can, I will, I DO! I Run For Michael, who do YOU run for?